Groupon office, Hausvogteiplatz 2, Berlin
Please RSVP here:
Welcome everybody to first Berlin's Geekfest event!
18:00 Doors opening
18:30 Welcome and few words from organizers
18:40 The talk of the evening by Philipp Krenn
19:30 Pizza, beers and networking
Please note that at 18:45 we will close the door to the office. We do not have all day running reception and need to comply with security restrictions so please come earlier!
"With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor Spring Boot applications, since they are increasingly popular for building microservices. We dive into:
• System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
• Application logs: Collect and parse your logs.
• Uptime monitoring: Use Heartbeat to ping services and actively monitor their availability.
• Application metrics: Get the information from Boot's metric and health endpoints, store it, and visualize it.
• Request tracing: Use Sleuth to trace requests through a distributed system and Zipkin to show how long each call takes.
And we will do all of that live, since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.
Philipp is part of the infrastructure team and a Developer Advocate at Elastic, spreading the love and knowledge of full-text search, analytics, and real-time data. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and meetups about all things search & analytics, databases, cloud computing, and devops. Philipp lives in Vienna where he enjoys experimenting with software, organizing meetups, and sports.