Rust is a new systems programming language developed by Mozilla.
Let's meet for open hacking and (co)-learning in our bi-weekly learning group!
Everyone is welcome. Rusties of all skill levels meet and hack on cool Rust stuff. Please bring a computer (if available) or tell us if you need one, we can provide you with a machine.
Never written a single line of Rust, but interested in the language? Don't worry, most of us are just starting off. There are people around to get you set up and going.
Already have a project? Just hack on it or find others interested in contributing. If you have something working, you can put it on the big screen and show everyone.
Don't have a project yet? There are lots of ideas and cool projects floating around that you can work on!
Here are some ideas if you don't know what to hack on:
- Install Rust (duh) https://www.rust-lang.org/downloads.html. If you prefer a version-manager-like tool try https://rustup.rs (highly recommended!)
- Read the Rust book https://doc.rust-lang.org/stable/book/
- Complete the Rustlings (a great beginners course!) https://github.com/carols10cents/rustlings
- Two projects with great first bugs:
- rustfmt https://github.com/rust-lang-nursery/rustfmt/issues
- Clippy! https://github.com/Manishearth/rust-clippy